We Bridge the Opportunity Gap ... Equipping Our Students to Close the Achievement Gap
Education Foundation of Bloomington
Send a Note of Thanks and Appreciation to a Bloomington Staff Member!
Each year, April is a month of gratitude sponsored by the Education Foundation of Bloomington in partnership with Scoops Ice Cream. Notes of Thanks and Appreciation gives our families and friends an opportunity to say THANKS to ANY and ALL Bloomington Public Schools staff members who have made a difference in the lives of their student(s) and families.
In the last few weeks, the staff at Bloomington Public Schools has had to recreate their entire operations so that they can best continue to serve those that matter most to them - the students!Teachers have become online educators overnight, the technology department worked round the clock to get devices into the hands of students, Paras have been assisting with lunch and childcare and are prepared to continue with their students during the closure, kitchen staff is preparing 5,000 take home meals a day, custodians have been engaged in building to building sanitation AND that is only a small part of the list!
EFB and our partners at Scoops Ice Cream are giving you an opportunity to write a personal thank you note to ANY staff member of BPS. In May, this note, along with a gift card to Scoops Ice Cream, will be delivered to the staff person. This fundraiser offers:
• a way to show gratitude for the hope and joy brought to your student(s) by a staff member
• a chance to acknowledge any employee in the district who makes a difference in your child's life, and maybe yours
• a time to thank a BPS staff member for all they have done for you and/or for your family
This year, our fundraiser will still do all these things but also so much more!
ALL funds raised during this fundraiser will go directly to BPS to help offsite costs associated with student operations during the COVID 19 closure.
Click on this link to complete an online Thank You note for any member of the BPS staff. Write your note, make your donation (minimum of $5) and notes and a certificate for a cone will be delivered to the staff member in May!
What a SWEET way to say thank you to a BPS staff member and HELP BPS students at the same time!
During this challenging period in the learning cycle of your student(s), EFB wants you to know that we are PROUD to work year round with Bloomington Public Schools. Stay safe, stay calm, BE THANKFUL! We are ALL so thankful for our BPS students and families.
How does it work?
1. Complete the Thanks and Appreciation Form below. Enter the name, school, and your personal note of thanks and appreciation for each person you wish to receive it.
2. Each personal note is a $5 donation to the Education Foundation of Bloomington. Complete the PayPal payment you’re led to when you submit the form.
3. Your note of thanks and appreciation will be delivered to the recipient’s school during the month of May. Each note will be accompanied with a free ice cream cone coupon from Scoops—the ultimate ice cream store in Bloomington—to demonstrate gratitude for the hope and joy brought to students by the staff member.